AOA members: Prepare now to enroll staff in newly formed Paraoptometric Resource CenterNovember 12, 2013
With potentially thousands of AOA OD members enrolling their staff later this year for the Jan. 1 launch of the new Paraoptometric Resource Center, the AOA Paraoptometric Section encourages all AOA OD members to go through the following checklist now.
- Determine your practice’s main contact. Will the doctor be registering staff and providing updates, or will another individual, such as the practice’s office manager, be designated to act on the member doctor’s behalf?
- Staff may only be linked to a single location. If the practice has more than one location, determine which staff will be linked to which practice location. If a practice has more than one AOA member, determine what staff will be linked to which AOA member ID. You will need to have AOA member ID number(s) in order to register staff.
- Gather the following information for each paroptometric/optometric staff to complete the registration form:
- Maiden name/other name known by
- Date of birth
- Unique email address for each individual (no practice group email accounts)
Having this information ready to go will make staff enrollment easy. Watch for an email from the AOA coming soon with the registration link to enroll your staff. Contact the Paraoptometric Section at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.