American Academy of Optometry announces 2013 award recipientsAugust 25, 2013
Each year the American Academy of Optometry recognizes distinguished individuals who have made countless contributions to advancing the profession of optometry.
The academy announced these 2013 award recipients:
- Gordon E. Legge, Ph.D., Charles F. Prentice Medal and Lecture Award
- David B. Elliott, Ph.D., MCOptom, Glenn A. Fry Award and Lecture (American Optometric Foundation Award)
- Pete Kollbaum, O.D., Ph.D., Irvin M. and Beatrice Borish Award
- George Woo, O.D., Ph.D., AAO-Essilor Award for Outstanding International Contributions to Optometry
- Sandra Block, O.D., Carel C. Koch Memorial Award
- Krystal L. Schulle, O.D., Julius F. Neumueller Award in Optics (American Optometric Foundation Award)
- Murray Fingeret, O.D., Vincent Ellerbrock Clinician Educator Award
- Louis J. Catania, O.D., Eminent Service Award
- Anthony P. Cullen, O.D., Ph.D., and Michael G. Harris, O.D., J.D., Life Fellow Award
- Padmaja Sankaridurg, BOptom, Ph.D.; Leslie Donovan, BOptom; Saulius Varnas, PhD; Arthur Ho, Ph.D.; Xiang Chen; Aldo Martinez, Ph.D.; Scott Fisher; Zhi Lin; Earl L. Smith, III, O.D., Ph.D.; Jian Ge, M.D.; and Brien A. Holden, Ph.D., D.Sc., Garland W. Clay Award
- Barbara Junghans, BOptom, Ph.D., Michael G. Harris Award for Excellence in Optometric Education (American Optometric Foundation Award)
- Awards of the Section on Cornea, Contact Lenses & Refractive Technologies, Lyndon W. Jones, Ph.D., FCOptom, Max Schapero Memorial Lecture Award
- Pat Caroline, Mark P. Andre, and Craig Norman, Founders’ Award
Award winners will be recognized at the Academy 2013 Seattle Awards Ceremony Oct. 25.
The American Academy of Optometry’s annual meeting, Academy 2013 Seattle, will take place Oct. 23-26, 2013, at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Wash.
For more information, visit www.aaopt.org.