CLCS announces student/resident photo contestMarch 17, 2013
The AOA Contact Lens and Cornea Section (CLCS) announced its 2013 CLCS Student/Resident Photo Contest. The CLCS is inviting students and residents to submit an outstanding digital image paired with a brief case report that involves contact lenses and anterior segment topics.
The overall winner will receive a $1,500 travel grant to attend Optometry’s Meeting®, a trophy with the student’s name engraved and an AOA Gallery Print (20” X 24”) canvas of the winning image.
Runners-up will each receive a $1,000 travel grant to attend Optometry’s Meeting® and an AOA Gallery Print (20” X 24”) canvas of their image.
The digital image submissions may be clinical, abstract, or action, and the case report supporting the photo needs to contain 500 to 1,000 words. Photo release forms are required with submitted entries.
Photo topics may include:
- Care and Compliance in Contact Lens Success
- Contemporary Management of Ocular Surface Disease
- Contemporary Management of Astigmatism
- Contact Lens Problem-Solving Beyond Oxygen
- Most Challenging Contact Lens Case
Criteria and rules are as follows:
1. Must be a CLCS member.
2. Meet submission deadline of April 5, 2013, electronically to CLCS@aoa.org.
3. All must be original and in digital format (TIFF or JPEG)
4. Photos must complement the case report description of 500 to 1,000 words and reference peer-reviewed literature
5. Include submitter’s name on digital image file.
6. Include full name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and school on cover page of case report.
7. Submissions must include a patient release form for permission to use photos.
8. Winners must attend Optometry’s Meeting® CLCS function to receive travel grant (CLCS function will be determined in May).
9. Winners must provide W-9 (or W-8 international) to receive travel grant.
Submitted photos become the property of the AOA CLCS. Students and residents may submit more than one entry. Submissions may be sent to CLCS@aoa.org.