Submit optometry hall of fame nominations by end of yearDecember 22, 2012
Nominations for the 2013 National Optometry Hall of Fame are now being accepted. The National Optometry Hall of Fame highlights the luminaries within the field of optometry—individuals who have made a significant and long-lasting impact on the profession.
The deadline for nominations is Dec. 31. Nomination forms for 2013 can be downloaded from www.aoa.org/HallofFame or send an email request to Foundation@aoa.org with “2013 Nomination Form” in the subject line.
The selection criteria include:
- Nominees should be recognizable through their national stature.
- Nominees should have had a significant and enduring impact on the profession.
- A nominee’s full range of contributions should be represented, e.g. professional leadership, academic leadership, research contributions, as well as other areas of significance.
- Diversity should be considered in the selection process.
- A balance of historical and current (but very well established) achievements should be considered.
Nomination form and supporting documentation for candidates to be considered are to be emailed to: Foundation@aoa.org, or mailed to: National Optometry Hall of Fame, c/o Optometry Cares® – The AOA Foundation, 243 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO, 63141.
New inductees are determined by a selection committee that represents the AOA; the Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry; the College of Optometrists in Vision Development; the National Optometric Association; and the American Academy of Optometry.
Inductees will be honored at Optometry’s Meeting® in June 2013 to be held in San Diego, Calif.